Saturday 13 October 2012

Here Goes

Here Goes






I've been putting off writing a blog for a while now for fear of sounding, or heaven forbid actually being, pretentious. Might as well jump on the bandwagon. I've always thought of myself as fairly modest, although openly applying such a positive attribute as modesty to oneself is, of course, a contradiction in itself. So, the thought of writing about a subject/subjects that interest me has been somewhat a daunting prospect. I guess the advantage of having a one-sided conversation with the screen of my laptop is that nobody actually has to read this if they don't find what I have to say remotely engaging.

It seems everyone is bloody blogging these days about anything and everything; from cooking and fashion to music and badgers - yes, badgers. It's clearly a great way to hone your writing skills and self-publish your witty or informative sermons on the abyss that is the World Wide Web, as well as looking great on the CV - especially if your career aspirations involve working in academia or, lets say, publishing....*cough* (subtlety never has been my strong point).

My next task was to decide what the subject of my ramblings would be: music, literature, film, fashion, astronomy? I didn't really want to pigeon-hole myself into one genre; for a start I wouldn't claim to be an expert on any of the above, merely an amateur dabbler. So, I decided to be greedy - or lazy, however you want to look at it - and choose all of the above genres and more. Future blogs will be about anything that takes my fancy that day or week, and I will regurgitate profound, self-absorbed blathering until my little heart's content.










So, here goes...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me